So you want to go canoeing or kayaking? Here’s how!
• You can hire an open canoe or sit-on-top kayak for a paddle on the Lake, no previous experience needed!
• You can join one of our guided tours of the Coquet Estuary – we’ve got a wide range of canoes and kayaks, including sit-on-tops and double-seaters to suit all levels of ability and age, even beginners. We use the rising tide to take us up river, exploring the history and wildlife on the way.
• We can tailor a session for a group either on Ladyburn Lake or the Coquet Estuary – it could be just a fun water session for juniors or a training/assessment session for BCU qualifications.
• For juniors, look for our paddlesport sessions on the Lake in the summer holidays.
• If you have some experience, we can offer excursions to Coquet Island, when the weather is suitable.
• 1-1 tuition is also available – flatwater, sea or river – just ask.
• Want to take up the sport? Join the Coquet Canoe Club who are affiliated to us. There is a small hire fee for equipment, so you don’t have to buy your own kit until you are ready to commit to being a paddler.