Coquet Shorebase: Terms and Conditions
Bookings by phone or email:
To check course suitability or availability, please contact us by telephone or e-mail. The booking will then be confirmed in writing by email or through our online booking system with the course joining details.
Your booking is confirmed when we receive your completed booking form by post or email.
Payments can be made over the phone by debit or credit card, by cheque, BACs transfer or cash and must be received before the session take place. We can issue an invoice if preferred
Cancellation by Customer:
Some courses may require a deposit or payment in advance. (If a deposit has been paid to purchase items for your course this will be forfeit).
All cancellations and reductions in numbers should be notified to us as soon as possible by email, or by phone. Any cancellations within the 7-day period prior to the activity date will result in the group leader being held liable for the full cost of the cancelled activity or reduction in numbers. Any refunds will be at the discretion of Coquet Shorebase Trust and are based on the following criteria:
- 7 days or more before the booked activity date: you can reschedule, change to a gift voucher to the same value, or request a full monetary refund.
- Between 4 days and 2 days prior to the booked activity date: you can reschedule or request a gift voucher to the same value.
- Less than 2 days prior to the reserved booking date: no refunds or changes will be permitted.
- Participants who fail to honour the reserved booking date will be unable to reschedule and will not be eligible for a refund.
COVID-19 exemption: should you become symptomatic or need to self-isolate, we will accept as little as 12 hours’ notice to reschedule your booking. We cannot refund you. (Please ensure you have sufficient insurance cover).
Cancellation by CST:
Coquet Shorebase Trust Ltd reserves the right to cancel a course at any time where numbers fail to reach a workable minimum, in which case a complete refund of the fee will be given, or where possible, an alternative course offered. All water-based courses are subject to suitable weather conditions Should the course or part of the course need to be cancelled then either an alternative date will be agreed, or an appropriate refund made.
Liability of the Trust: The Trust does not accept liability for personal injury or death of any participant, or loss of personal property however caused unless proven to be caused by negligence of the Trust.
Leaders of groups (in loco parentis) will be responsible for the group behavior and must make every endeavor to ensure that Trust rules are obeyed. If any item of equipment or Trust furnishings are lost or willfully damaged, then the individual or whole group will be charged with the full replacement cost of the item.
Physical Fitness & Safety
In the interest of safety, those taking part in all water-based courses should be confident in water except for activities aimed at building watersports confidence). Water based activities are “assumed risk” sports, and the courses can be physically demanding, therefore a satisfactory state of health is essential. The student must ensure that they are fit enough to complete the course before booking. If you are in any doubt about your fitness please consult with your doctor before booking.
All participants on water activities must comply with the Centre safety regulations and follow instructions from the Centre staff. Failure to comply with this may result in the individual(s) being asked to leave the course without the right to a refund.
Should and complaint or problem arise please contact the Centre Manager, in writing. We are grateful for any constructive feedback that may improve the quality of our courses.
We hold public liability insurance; The nature of adventure activities is that there will always be some degree of risk. Our insurance does not cover you for inherent risks or client negligence. Whilst not mandatory you may wish to arrange your own personal injury insurance. For your own safety, it is imperative that you abide by the decisions of our employees. We reserve the right to make changes to planned routes and venues because of adverse or impending conditions.
Alcohol and Drugs or Unruly behaviour
Coquet Shorebase Trust also reserves the right to refuse participation to clients that they believe to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and in such circumstances, no refunds will be given.
It is a legal requirement for anyone under the age of 18 years to have parental consent. Parental consent forms are available in email format on request or can be downloaded and must be completed prior to joining us on any activity unless the parent is taking part in the activity with them
Privacy: Personal details supplied to Coquet Shorebase Trust Ltd will not be passed to any third party, nor issued for any purpose other than that intended, without your express permission.
The personal information from the email booking from will not be recorded digitally.
Paper copies are kept for 7 years before being destroyed.
Our website and payment provider collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Platform services and hosting
The Coquet Shorebase Trust,
- Visit our website
- Engage with us in other related ways ― including any sales, marketing, or events
- “Website,” we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy
- “Services,” we are referring to our
Website, and other related services, including any sales, marketing, or events
, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.